Glazed Almond Sugar Cookies
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- ¾ cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp water
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add room temperature butter and sugar. Cream together using a paddle attachment on medium speed until mixture is fluffy and light in color, 7-9 minutes.
- Add almond extract and 1 egg. Once first egg is well-combined with butter and sugar mixture, add the second egg and mix until combined.
- Remove bowl from stand and add flour and baking soda. Using a wooden spoon, stir until mostly combined. Stir in sprinkles and mix until fully combined.
- Turn the mixture over in to plastic wrap and wrap around mixture, rolling it into a log. Refridgerate for at least an hour – overnight.
- When you're ready to bake, pre-heat your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pull the dough out of the fridge and remove the plastic wrap. Place the dough on a cutting board and slice dough into 1/2" thick slices. Place at least an inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges have set. Let rest on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes and then remove and place on cooling rack.
- While cookies are cooling, make the glaze. In a small bowl add confectioners sugar, almond extract and water. When cookies have cooled, use a spoon, knife or offset spatula to add glaze to each cookie.